Curated Recipes with Nutritional Values for Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes
Low Carb Irish Soda Bread
Original Recipe: Noshin and Numnums
- 1 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp erythritol
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment and set it aside.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, flaxseed, erythritol, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk eggs. Add heavy cream and apple cider vinegar. Stir to combine. Add wet ingredients into dry, mixing with a wooden spoon until a stiff dough forms.
- With clean hands, remove dough and form into a 6 inch round loaf. Place on parchment-lined tray. Use a sharp knife to score a “x” into the top of the loaf. Bake for 25-28 minutes until golden brown and dry to the touch.
- Remove from oven and cool. Slice and serve as desired.
- You can keep the leftovers in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
Leave A Comment