Zucchini Cookies Recipe
Original recipe: lifemadesweeter.com
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/3 cup ghee , softened (OR can use softened grass-fed butter (my first choice for best taste and texture) if NOT strict paleo)
- 2/3 cup golden monk fruit sweetener (recipe not tried with SWERVE or STEVIA so can’t speak to the results if you use those)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely grated zucchini
- 1 cup super fine blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 oz sugar free chocolate , coarsely chopped (Such as Lily’s brand)
- Coarse sea salt , for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat egg then whisk in softened ghee, monk fruit sweetener and vanilla extract. Add the zucchini and mix until combined.
- Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking soda and cinnamon until combined.
- Fold in chopped chocolate.
- Use a small cookie scoop to drop dough onto ungreased baking sheet. The cookies do NOT spread much so gently flatten the dough with your hand or the bottom of a small glass.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finishing cooling.