Curated Recipes with Nutritional Values for Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes
Zucchini-Chickpea Veggie Burgers with Tahini-Ranch Sauce
- 4 tablespoons tahini, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons white miso, divided
- 1?¼ teaspoons onion powder, divided
- 1?¼ teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 1?¼ teaspoons ground pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup shredded zucchini
- ? cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 whole-grain hamburger buns OR Bibb lettuce
- 1 cup packed fresh arugula
- 4 slices tomato
- Combine 2 tablespoons tahini, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon miso, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in water until the mixture is smooth. Stir in 1 teaspoon of chives. Set aside.
- Place chickpeas, cumin, salt, and the remaining 2 tablespoons tahini, 2 teaspoons miso, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon pepper, and 3/4 teaspoon onion powder in a food processor. Pulse, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides, until a coarse mixture forms that holds together when pressed. Add parsley and the remaining 2 tablespoons chives; pulse until the herbs are finely chopped and incorporated into the mixture. Transfer to a bowl.
- Squeeze zucchini in a clean kitchen towel to remove extra moisture. Add the zucchini and oats to the chickpea mixture; use your hands to combine, pressing to mash together. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook until golden and beginning to crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip and cook until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes more.
- Serve the burgers on buns with the tahini-ranch sauce, arugula and tomato slices.
- To make ahead: The burger patties and tahini ranch sauce can be made in advance. Prepare through Step 3; cover separately and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Leave A Comment