Vegan Pizza Rolls
Original Recipe: thehiddenveggies.com
- 1 bag pizza dough (refrigerated premade) (or 1 batch homemade)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup vegetables of choice chopped small
- 1 cup vegan sausage crumbles (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425° F (218° C).
- Roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle about 12 inches by 18 inches.
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the dough, then sprinkle it will vegan cheese and add toppings as you would if you were making a pizza.
- Roll up the dough from the bottom up as you would cinnamon rolls making sure the roll is tight and as even as possible, then cut it into slices about 1 1/2 inches wide.
- Place the rolls on a well-oiled cookie sheet and bake at 425° F (218° C) for 14-15 minutes until golden brown. (Bake on parchment paper for an oil-free option.)
- Roll the dough out evenly and be sure that it’s not too thin.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the dough to make cutting easier. Be sure to make them thick enough so they don’t fall apart while cutting.