Curated recipes for type 1 and type 2 diabetes – complete with nutritional values.
Vegan & Paleo Chocolate Fudge Banana Skillet Cake
Original recipe by Healthy Happy Mama
Cook Time: 15 – 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 – 25 minutes
Yield: 8 1x
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (I use refined for more neutral flavor – Trader Joe’s makes a good one)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup mashed banana (from about 2 medium bananas)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, or to taste (for lower carb, use Lakanto Keto Maple syrup)
- 1 cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- In a 10.25 inch cast iron skillet, melt the coconut oil over low heat.
- Whisk in the rest of the ingredients. Whisk well until you have a smooth mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven 15-20 minutes. The cake will appear gooey, and that’s okay. Cast iron remains hot a long time, the cake will continue to cook even
when you take it out of the oven, so you do want to take it out while it’s still a bit gooey.
- If it’s not set at all after 15 minutes, just give it a few more minutes.
Leave A Comment