Vegan Low-Carb Chocolate Pudding Recipe With Nutritional Info
Original recipe: drweil.com
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated cane sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, plus 2 1/4 teaspoons
- 1/2 cups plain soy milk
- 9 ounces 70% organic dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla bean seeds, scraped from 1 halved vanilla bean
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Fill a large bowl with ice and water. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar, cocoa powder, and cornstarch in a saucepan. Whisk in half of the soy milk to create a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining soy milk and whisk to combine. Stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a simmer. Remove from the heat and whisk in the chocolate, vanilla extract, vanilla bean seeds, and cinnamon.
- Strain the pudding mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Immediately set the bowl in the ice bath to cool down the pudding.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the pudding surface to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Divide the pudding among four to six 6-ounce bowls or ramekins.
- Top with the pistachios and walnuts and serve.