Recipes for type 1 and type 2 diabetes with nutritional information.
Ultimate Ginger Cookies Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Ina Garten
Yield: 16 cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (can use all-purpose Gluten Free flour as well)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 extra-large egg, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups chopped crystallized ginger (6 ounces)
- Granulated sugar, for rolling the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, and salt and then combine the mixture with your hands.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the brown sugar, oil, and molasses on medium speed for 5 minutes. Turn the mixer to low speed, add the egg, and beat for 1 minute.
- Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula and beat for 1 more minute. With the mixer still on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add the crystallized ginger and mix until combined.
- Scoop the dough with 2 spoons or a small ice cream scoop. With your hands, roll each cookie into a 1 3/4-inch ball and then flatten them lightly with your fingers. Press both sides of each cookie in granulated sugar and place them on the sheet pans.
- Bake for exactly 13 minutes. The cookies will be crackled on the top and soft inside. Let the cookies cool on the sheets for 1 to 2 minutes, then transfer to
wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts:1 cookie – per 16 for full recipe
Carbs = 31g
Fat = 3.5g
Protein = 1g
Leave A Comment