T1U… TAKE 2! Type 1 University is all new
You may have heard about Type-1 University (type1university.com), the only online “school of higher learning” exclusively for insulin users. Courses take the form of video webinars, each focusing on a specific aspect of living with and managing insulin-dependent diabetes. Now, T1U features a whole new set of subjects and updated courses.
Here is the latest “syllabus”:
Department of Diabetes Nutrition & Lifestyle
- Advanced Carb Counting & Glycemic Index
- The Low-Carb Lifestyle
- Beyond Carbs: The effects of fat, protein and more!
- Weight Loss for Insulin Users
- Building Your Own Strength Training Program
- Managing Glucose During Sports & Exercise
- Dealing with Diabetes Burnout & Stress
Department of Diabetes Technology
- Mastering Insulin Pump Therapy
- Catch the Wave: Automated Insulin Delivery
- Unlocking the Potential of CGM
Department of Miscellaneous Departments
- Strike the Spike: Managing post-meal glucose
- The “Other” Treatments for T1D
- Illness Prevention & Sick-Day Care
- Pregnancy & T1D Self-Care
Best of all, T1U courses are led by “professors” you’ve come to know and (hopefully) respect – the Integrated Diabetes Services clinical team of Certified Diabetes Care & Education Specialists, all of whom live with T1D personally.
If you know the basics but want to take your diabetes management to the next level, T1U is the place for you. Each course comes with a pdf copy of the presentation slides that you can keep for future reference or print out for note-taking purposes. Watch wherever and whenever it is convenient for you! (popcorn and fuzzy slippers optional)
Tuition is on a per-course basis… just $25.
To find out more or register for your first course, visit type1university.com
Leave A Comment