Curated Recipes with Nutritional Values for Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes
Traditional Irish Apple Cake
Original recipe: thefoodblog.net
Beef and vegetables simmered in Guinness infused broth make a delicious and easy-to-make one-pot classic Irish stew. (With gluten-free notes).
- 1?½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1?½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 apples, or more to taste – peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter an 8-1/2×11-inch lasagna dish or roasting pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar together in another bowl using an electric mixer until light and soft. Beat in 1 egg then 1 tablespoon of the flour mixture. Repeat twice more. Fold in two-thirds of the remaining flour. Stir in milk; fold in the rest of the flour.
- Spread 1/2 the batter into the bottom of the prepared dish. Distribute apple slices on top and cover with remaining batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees (163 degrees C). Continue baking until golden brown and firm to the touch, about 30 minutes more.
Leave A Comment