Tomato Salad With Avocado, Tuna, Cilantro & Lime Recipe
recipe found: kaylynskitchen.com
1 avocado, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
1 T fresh squeezed lime juice
salt to taste
2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half (If you substitute larger diced tomatoes, I would drain them in a colander.)
1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro (measure after chopping; use a little more green onion if you leave out the cilantro)
1/2 cup sliced green onion (more or less to taste)
2 cans tuna, 5 oz. can (see notes)
fresh ground black pepper
2 T fresh squeezed lime juice
2 T extra virgin olive oil
- Peel avocado and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Toss avocado with 1 T fresh lime juice.
- Put avocado pieces into a plastic bowl and toss with 1 T lime juice.
- Season generously with salt.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Chop the cilantro and slice green onion.
- Whisk together the olive oil and lime juice to make the dressing.
- Drain tuna well, and flake apart slightly with a fork.
- Add tomatoes to the bowl with the avocado, then gently stir in the chopped cilantro and green onion.
- Add the dressing, stir to coat the ingredients, and then gently stir in the flaked tuna. (Don’t over-stir.)
- Season salad with fresh ground black pepper and more salt if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Portion – 1 cup
Carbs – 10g
Protein – 18g
Fat – 8g