Other updates to the program include:
- A timer for the exercise “activity” feature, which can be set for 30 minutes to 8 hours.
- The ability to turn on the sleep or exercise “activity” feature without having to cancel the other.
- A much shorter pairing code (6 digits) for linking the pump to the t:connect mobile app.
- Updated sounds specifically for pump notifications.
- Sensor-expiring alerts 24 hours, 2 hours, and 30 minutes before the sensor session ends.
Updating the software on your pump will require completion of a short online training module and a prescription from your healthcare provider. The initial software update will be a “limited launch”, so call Tandem to let them know you want to be included.
BTW, the primary reason for the software delay is that Dexcom needed to make a slight modification to the transmitter in the G7 system. The G7 sensors that are compatible with the Tandem pump can be identified by a white line under a group of characters on the last line on the side of the box.
If you do not have a line below the last line of characters, please click this link to request replacements: https://Dexcom.custhelp.com/app/tandem (Dexcom typically gets these out within a few days.)
Additional info can be found here: https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/support/compatibility/dexcom-cgm
For more information, visit https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/products/tandem-mobi or call 877-801-6901.