Curated recipes for type 1 and type 2 diabetes – complete with nutritional values.
Sun-Dried Tomato and Avocado Grilled Cheese Recipe
Original recipe found on Pinterest
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread, Gluten Free Bread or even Paleo or keto Bread
- 1 slice sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- Heat a pan over medium-low heat. Brush 1/2 teaspoon olive oil on one side of a bread slice and place in the pan oil side down.
- Top with cheese, avocado, tomatoes, and remaining slice of bread.
- Lightly brush top slice of bread with remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil. Cook for about 2 minutes or until bread turns golden brown and cheese begins to melt.
- Flip, and cook on the other side until bread is browned and cheese is completely melted.
Leave A Comment