Spring Vegetable Frittata
Original recipe: Lisa Bryan
- 10 large eggs
- ½ cup yogurt or dairy-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek white and light green parts chopped
- ½ pound thin asparagus trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup (packed) baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces goat cheese or feta/other cheese
- Optional garnish: fresh dill, and parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C. Heat the oil in a 10-inch oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add the leek and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add the asparagus and saute another 1-2 minutes.
- Then add the frozen peas, baby spinach, salt and pepper, and saute another 1-2 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted. Remove 1/3 of the vegetables to a plate (optional, but it makes for a prettier frittata), and make sure the remaining half of the vegetables are evenly spread out.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt, salt and pepper. Pour the eggs over half of the vegetables in the pan. Cook on the stove for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the remaining vegetables on top, then dollop with the goat cheese. Transfer to the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
- Garnish with additional herbs before serving.
*I love my 10″ Staub pan for frittata recipes. It goes from the stovetop to the oven to the table!