Curated recipes for type 1 and type 2 diabetes – complete with nutritional values.
Spring Pea & Radish Salad
Original recipe by Taste of Home
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans (about 2 ¼ cups)
- 1/2 pound fresh sugar snap peas (about 2. ¼ cups)
- 2 cups water
- 6 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Snip ends off beans and sugar snap peas; remove strings from snap peas. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil over high heat. Add beans and reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-5 minutes. Add sugar snap peas; simmer, covered, until both beans and peas are crisp-tender, another 2-3 minutes. Drain.
- Toss beans and peas with radishes. Stir together honey, tarragon, salt and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables.