Spinach, Walnut and Strawberry Salad
Original recipe: walnuts.org
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 (5-oz.) package baby spinach
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped California walnuts, toasted*
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, preserves, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add strawberries and toss lightly. Place spinach in a bowl and toss again to coat with dressing. Top with walnuts and cheese and serve immediately.
To toast walnuts, add the walnuts to a hot, dry pan set over medium heat, only toasting as many walnuts as fit in the pan in a single layer. Cook walnuts, watching constantly and stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes or until the walnuts start to brown and smell fragrant & toasted. Since the walnuts will burn easily in the pan, you must stir constantly to ensure even toasting until the walnuts turn a rich, golden brown. Remove walnuts to a plate or bowl to cool.