Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup OR – ½ cup Lakanto sugar free Maple syrup plus 1 tsp maple extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not canned pumpkin pie puree)
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (almond/soy/coconut all work well too)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour/gluten free all purpose flour OR: 1 cup Almond flour and ¾ cup oat flour for lower Glycemic and lower carb
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup of choice, eggs, pumpkin puree, milk and vanilla. Whisk to combine well.
- In a large bowl, add the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour of choice, and oats. Stir to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Don’t over mix here.
- Divide the batter among the 12 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with additional oats.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the muffins spring back when lightly touched.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then remove and allow them to cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
OPTIONAL ADD INS:
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/3 cup mini-chocolate chips
- ½ cup raisins