Original Recipe: eatingwell.com
- 4 cups multicolored cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 (5-ounce) skin-on salmon fillets
- 6 tablespoons refrigerated basil pesto
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted (see Tip)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a large-rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Combine tomatoes, shallot, oil, and salt in a large bowl; stir until well-coated.
- Place salmon fillets skin-side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons pesto on top of each fillet. Scatter the tomato mixture evenly around the salmon.
- Bake until the tomatoes have started to soften and burst and the salmon is just cooked through, 12 to 14 minutes. Arrange the salmon and the tomato mixture on 4 plates. Top evenly with Parmesan, pine nuts and basil.
- For the best flavor, toast nuts before using in this recipe. Place pine nuts in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes