Pan-Fried Radishes With Bacon Recipe
I love radishes but have never eaten them cooked until I came across this recipe online. Love that it is lower carb, and something similar to pan sautéed potatoes, but without all the carb. The “bite” from radish disappears once cooked, and they have a really nice flavor as a side for many winter dishes.
Original recipe: thatlowcarblife.com
- 4 slices bacon, diced (I made mine with veggie bacon and added a Tbsp of Miyoko’s Vegan butter to the pan to sauté)
- 1 ½ pounds radishes, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1//2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the bacon to the pan.
- Cook, stirring often, until nearly crisp.
- Add the radishes to the pan with the bacon and continue cooking, stirring often, until radishes are softened, about 15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and parsley before serving.
- Serve hot.