Curated recipes for type 1 and type 2 diabetes – complete with nutritional values.
Paleo Vegan Coconut Macaroons Recipe With Nutritional Info
Recipe adapted from: Beaming Baker
- 1 ¼ cup Unsweetened small coconut shreds – (fine like rice consistency – if larger, blend with food processor to break down before mixing the ingredients together) (20g carb, 18g fiber, 56g fat)
- ¼ cup finely ground, blanched almond flour (5g C, 3g fiber 6g protein, 15g fat)
- 3 tablespoons solid coconut oil (NOT melted – needs to be solid) (42g fat)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup (54g)
- Optional – Lilys Semi-sweet style baking chips – ½ bag (126g)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients (coconut, almond flour, oil and maple syrup) to a food processor. **Using large coconut flakes will result in flat, spread-out cookies.
- Blend until you get a thick and sticky mixture that holds together, with smaller, but still noticeable coconut pieces. If any maple syrup remains at the bottom of the processor, fold into dough until well mixed.
- Using a cookie scoop (1.5 Tbsp size), scoop out firmly packed balls of coconut mixture. Drop onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure to space balls evenly apart–they will increase a bit in size.
- Bake for 12-16 mins, until golden around the edges and slightly golden on top. About 15 mins for large ones.
- Place baking sheet onto a wire cooling rack. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 30 mins-1 hour.
- Storing instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month at room temperature. If freezing, store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 2 months. Allow to thaw for 15 minutes before enjoying.
Leave A Comment