Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Original recipe: Lisa Bryan, downshiftology.com
This super moist paleo chocolate zucchini bread recipe is made with almond flour, tapioca flour coconut flour, and cacao powder. It’s gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and extremely rich!
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups grated zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl add the eggs, applesauce, apple cider vinegar, and maple syrup and whisk together.
- Squeeze the grated zucchini in a nut milk bag or kitchen towel to remove the excess water. Then add the grated zucchini to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until the batter is well mixed.
- Then add in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips and mix into the batter. Pour the batter into a greased 8.5 x 4.5-inch loaf pan and sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake the zucchini bread for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
If you’re overflowing in zucchini you can make several loaves of this bread and freeze it! I recommend slicing before you freeze so you can thaw individual slices and enjoy.