Recipes for type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
Oven-Roasted Cod with Tomato, Cannellini and Swiss Chard – a low glycemic & gluten free recipe
Original recipe: Whole Foods
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, halved and sliced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups chopped Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (28-oz) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 (6-oz) pieces skinless cod fillet
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over
medium-high heat. Add shallot and onion and cook until softened, about 3
minutes. Add garlic and Swiss chard and cook until chard has wilted, about
2 minutes. Pour in wine and simmer until mostly evaporated, about 2
minutes. Add tomatoes and their juices; use the side of a spoon to break
up tomatoes into chunks. Stir in cannellini beans, bay leaves, chile
flakes and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
Sprinkle cod on both sides with remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
Nestle pieces of cod into tomato mixture. Transfer the skillet to the oven
and cook until cod is just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts: (per serving)
Leave A Comment