Massaged Kale and Fennel Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Original Recipe: fitfoodiefinds.com
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced (~1 cup)
- 3 fennel stalks, chopped
- 1/4 cup fennel fronds, chopped
- 1 apple, finely sliced
- 1/2 purple onion, finely diced
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese*
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 2.5 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon honey (or 1 depending on sweetness level)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare your salad dressing by adding all of the lemon vinegarette ingredients into a mason jar. Tightly close the jar and shake it until all ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
- Next, place chopped kale into a large bowl and drizzle two tablespoons of dressing onto the kale. Massage the kale with your hands for 2-3 minutes. When kale is ready it will have been reduced by half and will be soft, rather than tough.
- Add the rest of your salad ingredients to the kale and toss the salad. Add your dressing and mix until all salad ingredients are coated in the dressing.
*goat cheese is optional and the nutrition information reflects 1/4 cup of goat cheese.