Original Recipe: Taste of Home
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large bowl, combine vinaigrette and garlic. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes. Drain and discard the marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- On a lightly greased grill rack, grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5 minutes. Turn; top with marinara, basil, tomatoes, artichokes, onions and cheese. Cover and cook until chicken is no longer pink and cheese is melted, 5-6 minutes.