Curated Recipes with Nutritional Values for Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes
Low-Fat Egg Drop Soup
Original Recipe: Diabetes Self Management
- 1 can (14 ounces) low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon lite (low-sodium) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Bring chicken broth to a rolling boil over medium-high heat in a small saucepan.
- Add soy sauce.
- Slowly pour the liquid egg substitute (a measuring cup with a spout works well) into the boiling liquid. Ribbons of the egg will form naturally if the broth is at a high boil and will cook instantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Divide the liquid into four small Asian-style soup cups or small bowls. Top each bowl with an equal portion of chopped green onions.
- Preparation time: 2 minutes.
- Cooking time: 5 minutes.
Leave A Comment