Low-Carb Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
This recipe is adapted from the original recipe: cookingclassy.com
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (very soft)
- 3/4 cup. Alternative light brown sugar (Allulose works great in baking)
- 1/3 cup. pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups King Arthur Keto Wheat Baking Flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon. cream of tartar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon. baking powder
For The Sugar Coating:
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar (Allulose or other alternative sugar)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, brown sugar, pumpkin puree and vanilla until well combined.
2. In a separate medium bowl, mix together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
3. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir until all the dry ingredients are well mixed. Cover the bowl and refrigerate until the dough is firm, overnight.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with silicone baking mats. Next, make the spiced sugar by stirring together the granulated sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl.
5. Scoop the dough into balls, about 2 tablespoons each. Roll each ball in the spiced sugar until well coated and arrange at least 2-inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
6. Bake until the cookies are puffed, set around the edges and begin to crack on top, 11 to 12 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for several minutes before transferring to wire baking racks.
Store cookies in an airtight container for the best freshness. Cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months. Let them thaw to room temperature before enjoying them again.
Leave A Comment