Nancy & Jenny of Integrated Diabetes Services dish up some of their favorite low-carb and high on taste recipes!
The BEST Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies- no flour, no butter! Course Dessert
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Servings 14
- Author: Kelley
- 3/4 cups of old fashioned oats measured before blending into a flour, OR for paleo SUB almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter for paleo sub almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil softened
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix/cream the egg with the coconut sugar, vanilla, softened coconut oil, and peanut butter.
- In a larger bowl mix the dry ingredients- oat flour (blend your oats in a high speed blender until a flour consistency is reached), salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together thoroughly. The batter will be fairly wet and sticky.
- Add in the chocolate chips and refrigerate the batter for 10 minutes to make it easier to work with.
- (You can skip this step, it’s just a messier operation if you skip it)
- Form 1″ balls and place on greased cookie sheet (I used coconut oil to grease the sheet).
- Bake at 350 degree F for about 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Allow to cool a few minutes before removing.
- Nutrition facts (with oat flour): Calories= 104, Fat = 5g, Carbs = 12g, Protein = 2g
Find the original recipe here: http://kelleyandcricket.com/the-best-healthy-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies