Type 1 or 2 Diabetes? Enjoy These Healthy, Low Carb Recipes That Are Also Delicious! Pancakes Anyone?!
Jenny of Integrated Diabetes Services shares a recipe for the whole family!
Who doesn’t love Pancakes for breakfast…or any meal honestly?!
Creating something yummy that doesn’t have major impact on my BG in a negative way means that I enjoy the meal or food even more. So, coming up with a recipe for Pancakes that preserves wonderful flavor as well as keeps my BG after eating well contained is a win-win!
Hope you love these as much as my family does!
Low Carb Pancake Recipe
- 1 banana (medium)
- 1 Egg
- 1Tbsp Flaxmeal (mix with 3 Tbsp warm water and allow to sit until sticky)
- 1 heaped Tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 packets stevia
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- Mix in medium bowl all ingredients EXCEPT vinegar and baking soda. Mix well getting out as many lumps as possible
- Mix in small bowl the vinegar and baking soda.
- Add to the medium bowl with all other ingredients and mix well.
- Heat skillet and spray with coconut oil spray Or light coat of coconut oil spread. Add ¼ cup portions of the batter to the pan.
- Heat the first side until the top of the pancake starts to look dry. (about 3-4 minutes)
- Flip and brown the other side (this will take less time than the first).
- Serve warm with topping of choice (I love Peanut butter or raspberries on top).
Nutrition facts: (makes about 3-4 pancakes). Facts are for the full recipe – which serves 1 person.
Carbs: 36.9 (total carb with 50% of fiber deducted = 31g)
Leave A Comment