Type 1 or 2 Diabetes? Enjoy These Healthy, Low Carb Recipes That Are Also Delicious! This Month: Easy Sheet Pan Fajitas.
Jenny of Integrated Diabetes Services shares a recipe you’ll want to make again and again!
Awesome recipe – totally easy to do in the oven or on the grill and you can substitute tofu or shrimp or fish for the chicken if desired. I like this with riced cauliflower and corn tortillas, or with blue corn chips and guacamole on the side and a green salad for adding this as a topping!
Easy Sheet Pan Fajitas (by The Blissful Balance)
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ? tsp salt (or to taste)
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 bell peppers, julienned
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh cilantro
- Juice 1 lime
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees OR Grill on parchment with foil underneath.
- Place your chicken strips into a large bowl.
- Combine seasonings into a small bowl and stir together with a fork. Pour over chicken strips.
- Use your hands to combine chicken and seasoning until well-mixed.
- Place peppers and onion atop baking sheet. Spread evenly with your hands.
- Place chicken over peppers/onion.
- Drizzle chicken, peppers, and onion mixture with olive oil.
- Use your hands to mix everything and spread evenly across baking sheet.
- Bake or Grill for 18-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked. (tofu will take only about 10-12 min)
- Serve with fresh cilantro and squeeze lime juice on top.
Calories: 239 per serving
sat. fat: 2.2gr
trans fat: 0
monounsat: 5.1 gr
polyunsat fat: 2.2 gr
carbs: 7.8 g
protein: 27 g.
cholest.: 70 mg
Love this recipe! Definitely gonna try this. I do make Steak and potatoes for dinner with garlic roasted asparagus. My favourite is Grilled fish tacos with some seasoned rice vinegar and shredded cabbage between them. I love veggies, so I put vegetables like green beans, onions, eggplant or mushrooms with light Italian dressing and 1 tbsp of olive oil. These type 1 diabetes meal plans are delicious!