Low Carb, Gluten-Free Zucchini Brownies
By: Jules Shepard
The original recipe is here: glutenfreeandmore.com
No one will ever suspect the secret ingredient in these decadent brownies.
Zucchini and chocolate are very tasty together! (Peel the zucchini first for no visible trace.) Grate the zucchini or process it using the fine plate of a large food processor to measure 2 cups; do not press out the extra moisture.
MAKES 36 BROWNIES.
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 8 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup sugar or substitute granulated xylitol or Swerve type sweetener
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour blend of choice with xanthan gum
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8×8-inch pan with parchment paper, pressing to cover the bottom and up the sides.
2. Prepare a double boiler by placing a medium pot over a slightly larger pot that holds 2 inches of simmering water. Place chocolate, chocolate chips and butter in top pot. Gently heat to melt chocolate and butter, stirring with a spatula or wooden spoon. When mixture is completely
smooth, remove pan from heat. Whisk in sugar, vanilla and eggs. Stir in
grated zucchini until ingredients are fully combined.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour blend, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add chocolate mixture, stirring with a large spoon until ingredients are fully combined.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan. Smooth top of batter with a rubber spatula.
5. Place in preheated oven and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with only a few wet crumbs. Brownies should be firm to the touch.
6. Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack to cool 5 minutes. Lift brownies from pan by pulling up on parchment paper or foil and completely cool brownies on a wire rack. Cut into squares with a clean knife or a large pizza wheel.
4g total fat
2g saturated fat