Curated Recipes with Nutritional Values for Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes
Low Carb Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Original Recipe: Low Carb Maven
EQUIPMENT: Wok or large skillet
- 16 ounces flank steak, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tbsp light olive oil divided
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 8 oz broccoli florets
- 10 oz frozen cauliflower rice, cooked (for serving)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp Tamari Soy Sauce (or liquid coconut aminos)
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp Better Than Bouillon Beef Base
- Mince garlic and ginger. Cut broccoli into florets and set aside. Slice the flank steak across the grain into 1/4 inch slices. Measure ingredients for the sauce into a small bowl. Bring everything to the stove.
- Heat skillet or wok over medium-high heat. When hot, add half of the olive oil and swirl to coat the pan. When the oil shimmers, add the beef, cooking for 30 seconds on the first side before turning over to continue cooking. Remove to a plate or bowl and keep warm.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the pan with garlic and ginger. Stir until fragrant. Then add the sauce and broccoli, giving it a quick stir. Cover to steam until the broccoli is crisp and tender. Remove.
- Add any accumulated meat juices to the pan and reduce the sauce to a few tablespoons. Add the beef and broccoli back to the pan to warm through. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
There are two types of scallops available: sea scallops and bay scallops. Sea scallops are more widely available, although they’re less tender. Bay scallops are smaller, slightly sweeter, and more expensive.
Leave A Comment