Keto Strawberry Shortcake
Original Recipe: joyfilledeats.com
- 4 tbsp butter softened
- 1/2 cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour ***
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground golden flax (or additional almond flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup strawberries chopped
- So Delicious Coconut whipped cream OR make your own coconut whipped topping.
- Use your own low-carb sweetener of choice if making your own coconut whipped topping.
Serve with additional sliced strawberries.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan liberally with butter.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer cream the butter and sweetener until light and fluffy. Add the sour cream and vanilla and beat until combined. Add the eggs one at a time mixing after each.
- Stir in the flours, baking powder, and salt until thoroughly combined. Fold in the strawberries. Pour into a loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 min until golden, firm to the touch, and no longer jiggly.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream. Once peaks form add the sweetener. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Slice the cake and serve with whipped cream and extra berries.