Keto Strawberry and Rhubarb Crumble
Original recipe: fittoservegroup.com
Keto Crumble base and topping:
- 3 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup sugar substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
Rhubarb Strawberry Filling:
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups sliced rhubarb ( use fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, sugar substitute, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the butter and use a fork or pastry blender to cut the butter.
- Mix until the pieces pea-size.
- Add the beaten egg and continue to mix until well combined.
- Divide the crumble mixture and press half of it into the bottom of the baking pan.
- In another medium-sized bowl, mix together the strawberries, rhubarb, xanthan gum, and sugar substitute. Add this mixture on top of the crumb base, making sure to spread evenly.
- Top the bars with the other half of the crumb mixture.
- Bake until the low-carb strawberry rhubarb bars until the top is golden brown and the fruit for about 40 minutes.
- Serve warm as a crumble or allow to cool completely to slice and serve as bars.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 weeks.