Recipes for type 1 and type 2 diabetes with nutritional information.
Keto No Bake Coconut Bars Recipe
Only 5 ingredients and delicious!!
Original Recipe from sugarfreelondoner.com
- 3 cups shredded coconut -unsweetened
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup sugar free syrup
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 oz. dark or sugar free chocolate (85% cocoa)
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender or with an electric mixer until and you have a moist, sticky mix. The coconut shreds should be MUCH smaller than they were before blending.
- Line a 8×5 inch pan with parchment paper and fill in the coconut mix. Press down with your hands until it’s nice and firm. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Place in the fridge for 15 minutes. Then remove and cut into pieces.
- Heat the chocolate in the microwave (30 second bursts) or in a water bath (place the bowl with chocolate into a larger bowl half-filled with boiled water. The heat gently melts the chocolate).
- Fill melted chocolate into a plastic bag and snip a small corner off the bag. Drizzle the coconut bars with the chocolate.
- Return to the fridge for 10 minutes so the chocolate firms up.
Nutrition is calculated per 1 coconut bar using chocolate with 90% cocoa solids.
The fiber content is high because of the additional fiber in the syrup. Normally we deduct the fiber content from the total carbs to get the net carb count. As it’s not possible to have a negative net carb count, the net carbs in this recipe would be equal to the sugar content- 1.3g.
Amount Per Serving (20 g)
Total Carbohydrates 6.5g
Dietary Fiber 5.2g
Leave A Comment