Keto Gingerbread Cookies
- 1 3-inch gingerbread man cookie cutter
- 4 cups almond flour
- 1 cup Swerve Brown See recipe notes for alternative
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or butter) melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 275ºF and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sweetener, coconut flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and cloves. Stir in the eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla extract until the dough comes together.
- Divide the dough in half and turn out the first half onto a large piece of parchment paper. Top with another piece of parchment and roll out about ¼ inch thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut into desired shapes and gently loosen and lift with an offset spatula. Place onto the prepared baking sheets. Gather up scraps and reroll until too little is left to roll out. Repeat with the second half of the dough.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and just firm to the touch. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes on the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Sugar-Free Royal Icing:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sweetener and egg white powder. Add 2 tablespoons of water and stir until smooth. Add more water a little at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- Pipe icing onto cooled cookies and let set for 30 minutes or longer.
Yield: Makes about 50 cookies when the cookie cutters are about 3 inches tall.
Brown sugar replacement: If you can’t get Swerve Brown, try adding 2 teaspoons of molasses to these keto gingerbread cookies. It will add less than 0.5g per carbs per serving.
Storage Information: Because these cookies are baked hard and dry, they are good on the counter in a covered container for up to a week. I recommend freezing the baked cookies undecorated and stacked carefully in airtight containers. Then simply thaw, decorate, and serve.