Recipes for type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
Sweet Potato Chili Recipe
Hearty and Healthy!
Original recipe: sofabfood.com
- 1 large sweet potato or 2 small sweet potatoes (30g, 5g, 3g pro)
- 1 (28 oz). can fire-roasted tomatoes (22g, 7g, 3g pro)
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained but not rinsed (65g, 24g,21g pro)
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Peel and dice sweet potato. Add sweet potatoes, canned tomatoes, black beans, water, and spices to slow cooker.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low.
- Using a potato masher, lightly mash about half of the stew to thicken it.
- Serve with sour cream and/or cheese on top, optional.
Nutrition Facts: (8 servings per pot)
Carbs – 14g
Fiber – 4.5g
Protein – 7g
Fat – <1g
Leave A Comment