Healthy Low Carb Grilled Fish Tacos
Original recipe: missionfoods.com
- 12 Mission 25 Calories Yellow Corn Tortillas, (or any low carb tortilla of choice)
- 1 ½ lbs. White-fleshed fish fillets (snapper, mahi-mahi, tilapia)
- ¼ cup Olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Salt, divided
- ½ tsp. Pepper, divided
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- 4 cups Red cabbage slaw mix, shredded
- 2 tbsp. Lime juice
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 1 Avocado, ripe, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup Cilantro
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Pat fish fillets dry with a paper towel and then brush with 4 tsp. olive oil. Combine chili powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and garlic powder; season fillets with mixture. Grill fish for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until fish just starts to flake when tested. Flake fish into big chunks.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Toss together cabbage mix, lime juice, garlic, and remaining oil, salt and pepper.
- Serve fish in warm tortillas and top with slaw, avocado and cilantro. Serve with hot sauce and remaining slaw on the side.
Alternatively, instead of grilling, broil fish in the oven on a foil-lined baking sheet.