Curated recipes for type 1 and type 2 diabetes – complete with nutritional values.
Grilled Romaine with Creamy Herb Dressing
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush cut sides of lettuce evenly with oil.
- Place lettuce, cut sides down, on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cut each lettuce half lengthwise in half again to form 4 quarters. Sprinkle cut sides of lettuce with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, mayonnaise, and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well.
- Place 1 lettuce quarter on each of 4 salad plates; drizzle each serving with about 4 teaspoons dressing. Serve immediately.
Leave A Comment