Curated Recipes with Nutritional Values for Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes
Greek Lemon Chicken
Original Recipe: Diabetes Self Management
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1/4 pound)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
- Baby spinach leaves (optional)
- Place chicken in a large resealable food storage bag. Add lemon juice, olive oil, lemon peel, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper. Seal bag. Shake to coat chicken. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Add chicken to skillet; cook 3 minutes. Turn chicken. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 7 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- Remove from heat. Serve with lemon wedges and spinach leaves, if desired.
Leave A Comment