Gluten-free, No Bake Peanut Butter Chia Healthy Granola Bars
A healthy granola bar recipe made with chia, peanut butter, and honey. No bake and perfect for adding chocolate chips or any of your favorite ingredients!
Original recipe: yummly.com
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped nuts — (walnuts, pecans, or a mix.)
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- additional add ins include: dried cherries, raisins, chopped dried apricots, chopped dried dates, etc.
- OPTIONAL: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the oats, nuts, quinoa or millet, and chia seeds on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until the mixture is lightly golden and smells toasty, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, lightly mist with cooking spray, then set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, melt together the peanut butter and honey, stirring frequently until creamy and smooth. Remove from the heat, then stir in the vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, millet (or quinoa), nuts, and chia seeds. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the top, then with a rubber spatula, stir until the ingredients are evenly coated. If using chocolate, let the mixture cool for 1 to 2 minutes to ensure the chocolate doesn’t melt, then stir in any desired mix-ins (if you are not adding chocolate, you can stir in the mix-ins right away).
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. With a rubber spatula, press it firmly to the edges, then place a sheet of plastic wrap over the top and press down firmly with your fingers to make sure it is spread tightly and evenly. Refrigerate for 2 hours to allow the bars to set and the flavors to mingle. Use the plastic or parchment paper to remove the bars from the pan, slice into bars, and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts: (this is for the full recipe – please cut into bars, then divide into the totals below for carbs per bar)
** Nutrition facts DO NOT include any of the mix-ins from above.
Carbs – 252g
Fiber – 50g
Protein – 120g
Fat = 133g
Tips: Store airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Or freeze, individually wrap in plastic, place in a ziptop bag, then freeze for up to 2 months.