Flaxmeal Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 cup Golden Ground Flaxseed (flaxmeal)
- ½ c pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie puree)
- ½ cup monk fruit, allulose, or other non-sugar sweetener such as erythritol
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup butter or coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp cloves, ground
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 oz butter – softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp erythritol or other non-sugar sweetener
MAKE THE MUFFINS
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Grease a muffin tin (it makes 9 muffins) or use muffin cases.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the butter, eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla and stir until combined thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the tops are firm.
- Blend all of the topping ingredients together until smooth (I use a hand blender but a fork and elbow power is good too!).
- When the muffins are cool, spread the topping over them.
- Eat and enjoy!