Festive Pumpkin Dip
Original Recipe: tasteofhome.com
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup chopped dried beef
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) Italian or pumpernickel bread, optional
- Fresh vegetables, crackers, or corn chips
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, pumpkin, taco seasoning, and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in beef, peppers, and olives. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- If desired, just before serving, cut the top off the bread; scoop out bread from inside, leaving a 1/2-inch. shell (save the bread from inside to make croutons or bread crumbs or save for another use). Fill the shell with cream cheese mixture. Serve with vegetables, crackers, or corn chips.