Easy and Healthy Cauliflower Parmesan Recipe
Original recipe: Laura Rege, Delish
Move over Chicken Parm! Cauliflower Parmesan is a healthy and satisfying replacement which won’t cost you a ton of calories. See why this easy recipe is a favorite at our house!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 large head cauliflower, stem trimmed and cut vertically into 1″ planks
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 c. marinara sauce
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c. basil leaves, torn if large
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425°. Arrange cauliflower in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and brush both sides with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast, flipping once, until cauliflower is tender and golden, about 35 minutes. Remove from oven and top each cauliflower steak with marinara sauce. Sprinkle with half of Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Switch oven to broil and return to oven until cheese is bubbly and golden in places, about 3 minutes. Serve with remaining Parmesan, basil leaves, and red pepper flakes.