Our Services: DIY (do-it-yourself) Hybrid Closed Loop Systems combine commercially-available insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitors with open-access, build-it-yourself algorithms in smartphone app form.
These systems have gained popularity due to their efficacy, customization, and ease-of-use compared to commercially-available “approved” systems. However, choosing the right DIY system, setting it up, and using it safely and effectively can be very complex.
The clinical team at Integrated Diabetes Services has extensive experience coaching users of all ages on safe and effective use of the various DIY applications – including “Loop” and the various versions of “APS”. In fact, almost all of our CDCESs use a DIY system personally!
Whether you are just exploring DIY or are a grizzled veteran, we would be delighted to offer our support. Our DIY consulting services include:
- Education on the pros/cons of the various DIY options (compared to commercially-available systems)
- Preparation for safe/effective use of DIY hybrid closed loop technology
- Resources for “building” and maintaining the system
- Assurance that proper insulin delivery settings are utilized
- Training on advanced aspects of the system
- Optimization of glucose control using DIY
All services are customized to your specific needs, so contact our office today to learn more and schedule a consultation with one of our DIY experts.