Curated Recipes with Nutritional Values for Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes
Delicious Dessert Recipes
A special thank you to our patient Marilyn Krupnick for contributing these wonderful recipes!
Banana Bread for PWDs (by Marilyn)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 c Oats
- 1 t (heaping) baking powder
- 1 c almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 c oats
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 c Stevia (according to how sweet you like it)
- 2 t chia c (optional)
- 1 c chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 c dark chocolate chips (optional)
- loaf pan
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Spray a loaf pan with olive oil.
- In a mixing bowl, beat bananas, oats, baking powder, almond flour, eggs, stevia, chia seeds, olive oil until the mixture is fairly smooth.
- Add chocolate & walnuts. Hand mix.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350F. (check to see if done)
Carb content: 30g per slice (1/8 of the full loaf)
“Sugarless” Apple Pie (by hubby Stephen)
- 50 Sugarfree Graham Cracker Crust (available on Amazon)
- 6 Granny Smith Apples
- 1 c walnuts
- 4 t Stevia
- 4 T Butter (I use I CAN’T BELIEVE IT’S NOT BUTTER)
- Pre-heat oven 350’F
- Peel apples, and chop into small squares.
- Melt butter in a pan
- Add apples and saute until tender. Stir.
- Add Stevia, walnuts & cinnamon. Stir
- Place mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake for 30 minutes @350F
Carb content: 40g per slice (1/8 of the full loaf)
Leave A Comment