Creamy Garlic Skillet Chicken with Spinach
Original Recipe: Eating Well
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, grated
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- ¼ Greek yogurt and ¼ milk/milk substitute blended well
Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Add garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Increase heat to medium-high and add wine. Cook until slightly reduced, about 1 minute. Return heat to medium and stir in spinach and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in yogurt/milk combination. Return the chicken to the pan and turn to coat with the sauce.