Creamy Cauliflower Salad Keto Recipe
A perfect cauliflower salad recipe, just in time for summer. Creamy, flavorful, and packed with all your favorite potato salad add-ins. You won’t miss the spuds with this perfect keto side dish.
Original Recipe: Pete and Jerry’s
- 3 Organic Eggs
- 1 head cauliflower cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 6 slices bacon chopped (or vegan bacon if preferred)
- 2 green onions white and light green parts only, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium high heat, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Gently lower eggs into water and boil for 12 minutes.
- While eggs are cooking, fill a medium bowl with ice and water. Once eggs are done, quickly transfer to the ice bath. Let eggs sit 10 minutes before peeling. Once peeled, roughly chop 2 of the eggs and slice the third.
- Place cauliflower pieces in another large pot and fill pot halfway with water. Bring to a boil and cook until cauliflower is just fork tender, about 3 minutes. Drain in a colander and let cool.
In a large bowl, combine chopped eggs, cauliflower, celery, bacon, green onions, mayonnaise, Dijon, and paprika. Stir until well combined and the cauliflower is fully coated. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper if desired.
Transfer cauliflower salad to a serving bowl and top with the sliced egg and a pinch of paprika. Serve immediately or cover and chill in refrigerator.
- Be sure to cut the cauliflower even smaller than florets. This gives the salad the perfect texture and consistency.
- Cauliflower cooks much faster than potatoes, so you want a light touch here. Don’t even leave the kitchen, because it will be done in a flash! Your cauliflower pieces should be just fork tender, because they’ll keep cooking a bit once off the stove.
Amount Per Serving (1 serving = about 3/4 cup)
Total Fat 20g
Total Carbohydrates 6.5g
Dietary Fiber 2.5g