College Scholarships for Type 1 Diabetes Students: Find out if you are eligible and how to apply
The Every Step Counts Scholarship Program awards two scholarships annually to one incoming undergraduate student and one current undergraduate student with type 1 diabetes. The program aims to encourage continued education and reflection on what young adults are doing right in their care as well as what could be improved with the ultimate goal of rewarding young adults with T1D for forming positive management habits as they transition to fully independent care.
The Program is the brainchild of Courtney Duckworth, an outstanding T1 athlete, role model, DC-area celeb and friend of IDS. Courtney was featured recently as one of the “People to Know” in ADA’s Diabetes Forecast magazine.
To be eligible, students must be:
- living with T1D.
- accepted or enrolled at an accredited university.
- full-time students with a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- United States citizens or legal residents living in the United States.
Preference will be given to students who show:
- commitment to improving lives of others with T1D or other chronic conditions
- leadership and potential to create positive impact within the T1D community
- interesting personalities and hobbies
- passion in an area of interest