Citrus Kale Salad With Chicken
Original Recipe: sweetcsdesigns.com
- 4 cups firmly packed shredded kale, finely chopped
- 2 cups broccoli slaw
- 2 cups finely shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 T. honey
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Generously coat chicken in olive oil and adobo seasoning.
- Wrap in a foil pouch and bake until the digital thermometer comes to 170 degrees internally. About 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes (chicken will continue to cook to 175 degrees in the foil pouch) before chopping into 2″ chunks.
- In a small bowl, whisk ingredients together until well combined.
- Mix salad ingredients and toss gently to mix well.
- As you’re tossing, drizzle with dressing, and add in chicken.
- Serve immediately.