Chicken Piccata Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
Show: Everyday Italian | Episode: Weeknight Dinner
Yield: 4-6 servings depending on cut of chicken breast
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in half
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dredging (all-purpose gluten free flour works the same here)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2
pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to plate.
- Melt 2 more tablespoons butter and add another 2 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and brown both sides in same manner. Remove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate.
- Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers. Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Check for seasoning.
- Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken to platter. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts: Per 4oz serving of Chicken
Carbs = 2g
Fat = 20-30g – depending on amount of fat/oil left on chicken when served
Protein = 28g