Curated Recipes with Nutritional Values for Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes
Cauliflower Fried Rice
Original Recipe: Skinny Taste
- 1 medium head (about 24 oz cauliflower, rinsed)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 large egg
- pinch of salt
- cooking spray
- 1/2 small onion (diced fine)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 5 scallions (diced, whites and greens separated)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (or more to taste (Tamari for Gluten Free, Coconut Aminos for Paleo/Whole30))
- Remove the core and let the cauliflower dry completely.
- Coarsely chop into florets, then place half of the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice or couscous – don’t over process or it will get mushy. Set aside and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Combine egg and egg whites in a small bowl and beat with a fork. Season with salt.
- Heat a large saute pan or wok over medium heat and spray with oil.
- Add the eggs and cook, turning a few times until set; set aside.
- Add the sesame oil and saute onions, scallion whites, peas and carrots, and garlic for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Raise the heat to medium-high.
- Add the cauliflower “rice” to the saute pan along with soy sauce. Mix, cover, and cook approximately 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower is slightly crispy on the outside but tender on the inside.
- Add the egg then remove from heat and mix in scallion greens.
Leave A Comment